This weekend we had a Christmas brunch at Jen's house for us girls and on sat night we went to Allyssa's house for a weird Christmas gift exchange. I can't really explain how the game worked cause it's kinda complex, but mostly I can't explain it cause I had a horrible migraine from friday afternoon until just a few hrs ago, so i have no clue how the game really worked since I spent most time at the party sleeping on the floor booooo. Butttt I did manage to get in some fun times etc before I retired to the floor for the evening haha. So basically my weekend was sleeping, brunch, xmas party. Oh wait, thats not true...today a bunch of us met up for burritos (our Sunday tradition) and then Katie and I went to this fun shopping/touristy district afterwards. We actually ended up seeing the new Jim Carey movie called "Yes, Man". The movie was funny, I mean i'm not much of a laugher at these dumb humor things but it was entertaining. But honestly, what was more entertaining was how we got our tickets. We seriously had to take a number from a machine just to stand in line to get the ticket haha it was really awkward...and of course the movies were only listed in Korean so i had no idea which movies were which so i just took a poster off the wall and handed it to the woman...i would never think to do something like this anywhere else, like not even Prague etc. but in Korea this sort of thing just somehow seems ok and nobody thinks its weird...so when in Rome....
oh and check out the videos at the bottom of this post...the first one is of everyone at the party saying merry christmas and the second is just a random video taken at the xmas party...
so yea, that's pretty much all to report from Asia. I hope you all are enjoying some time off. Thanks for staying updated on my life with all the phone calls, emails, etc. You are all so wonderful and I'm very blessed to have you in my life. Hopefully we will be celebrating together next year...
Much love as always and merry Christmas,
Maureen
No comments:
Post a Comment