5:05 am...a pretty decent bedtime for me as of recently. Looking down at my last post definitely makes me laugh. I was so full of it...one page???? For the last month I have spent every waking moment (and i mean pretty much every moment except for when my parents and grandparents were here over thanksgiving) working on my thesis. To call the process brutal would be putting it lightly. But tonight was a very big night for me. I completed the section I was dreading and now only have a few pages to go before I can start writing my conclusion...which all need to happen before December 1st. But it will...and I can't believe I'm actually saying that....
For the last 6 months I've received the constant question from friends, family, co-workers, etc: "How's the thesis going?"I dreaded answering...every single time. But today, I was asked the inevitable question with the additional question: and are you going to graduate? All i could do was shout out, "ummm i actually think I might!"...it was a good moment. not a great moment...the great moment will be after the defense of my thesis (date tbd)...but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...and as my friend added, "and it's not a freight train!"
so, must try to get to bed...which is almost impossible these days to due caffiene and my constant thoughts about unions, school reform, theory, policy, blah blah blah...
but, i've been waiting (FOR MONTHS) to write a post that i could actually deem as the "beginning of the end"...
so, goodnight, i love you all, hope you had a great thanksgiving...and here's to *fingers crossed* getting my master's degree sometime in the foreseeable future
and very excited about a skype wine date tomorrow with the very lovely meghan, brooke, and caroline...4 different time zones, one glorious convo...i love the internet.
xoxo
maureen
No comments:
Post a Comment