Tuesday, September 30, 2008

First few weeks in Korea...



























Korea is amazing!!!

These pictures are randomly from my month in Korea so far. I've explored a good bit of Seoul but the city is just soooo MASSIVE that I know I wont even see nearly a portion of it in one year. There are so many cool and fun people to hang out with and its nice having a friend from home here too!! These pictures are all taken around Seoul....the pictures of the neon lights in a room and me sleeping with my friends is in a Noreabang (karaoke room). We usually hang out in these rooms so we can sleep and relax before taking the subway home...karaoke is HUGE in Korea..it is EVERYWHERE. I also added pictures of my apartment and my school. I have 650 students and 21 classes so its really busy but I'm learning a lot and enjoying it. I live like a ten minutes walk from Olympic Park...it's very well maintained and now there are tons of professional games there (I saw a baseball game in the park, they awkwardly have crazy amounts of cheerleaders/dancers). You can also just use the facilities for a small fee so I think I'm gonna start yoga and swimming. I am taking Korean lessons at a language acadmey and it's defintiely making me feel a little more comfortable to see Korean signs everywhere...there is VERY LITTLE English spoken (if any) throughout Seoul so you have no choice but to use/learn Korean. I'm going to an international film festival on the southern coast this weekend in a city called Busan. I'm really excited to see some movies ANDDDD we get to take the high speed train which I've been really excited to do for some reason...although we don't have a place to stay yet and everything is booked so we'll see how that works out! Hope you enjoy this little taste of Seoul....it's a crazy, dynamic, insane and fun city!!! Wish you all were here with me...COME VISIT!!!







2 comments:

mommy said...

Sounds like a great beginning to your life in Korea! Can you take a pic from across the street looking back at your house? xo Mommy

Anonymous said...

Love the blog Maureen! Keep writing ; )